A Trip to the Seaside: How I Commemorated My Holiday to Wales

I always keep an eye out for materials that I can salvage and turn into something beautiful, even on my holidays. After all, it means that my money isn't wasted looking for memoirs in a tacky souvenir shop...

Last week I visited the picturesque town of Benllech in the Isle of Anglesey, Wales. Spending my time sunbathing on the beach was just what the doctor ordered; I’ve returned to work refreshed and motivated. Furthermore, I managed to collect an awesome haul of washed up shells and driftwood, sending my creative mind into overhaul.




So, I’ve been home for 2 days, and below is my first holiday craft project completed! Using just £2.50 worth of clay (very thriftily), I hand-moulded a simple bowl and added detailed markings using one of the shells I picked up on the beach. 




Next, I allowed the bowl to air-dry overnight, and then painted it blue to remind me of the sea. It turned out to be the perfect size to hold my prettiest shells.  




Thus, I’ve managed to encapsulate my holiday within a little bowl, and I’ll recall many fond memories of Benllech whenever I lay my eyes on it. A definite success! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Business Explained! Let's Thrift For Our Future!

Lucozade and Missguided: A Hot Collaboration!

Top 5 Money Saving Tips!